- Optional coverage for Hereditary or Congenital Conditions (HereditaryPlus), Exam Fees (ExamPlus), and Routine and Wellness Care (Defender/DefenderPlus).
- No vet records or exam required to enroll.
- Accidents, injuries + illnesses.
- X-rays & ultrasound.
- CT Scan & MRI.
- Prescription medication.
- Vitamins & supplements.
- Alternative & holistic treatment.
- Behavioral issues.
- Physical therapy.
- Emergency care.
- Pet ambulance.
- Ppre-existing conditions.
- Hereditary or Congenital Conditions unless enrolled in HereditaryPlus.
- Exam Fees (Unless enrolled in ExamPlus).
- Routine and Wellness Care (Unless enrolled in Defender/DefenderPlus).
- Costs related to breeding.
- Elective or Cosmetic Procedures.
Other things to know...
- Claims processing time: up to 30 days (Typically pays claims within 7 days).
- 2 day waiting period for accidents.
- 14-day waiting period for illnesses.
- 30 days waiting period for hip dysplasia.
- 6 months waiting period for IVDD and cruciate ligament related condition
- No illness coverage for dogs enrolled after age 9.
- Coverage for inherited/congenital conditions can be purchased additionally (HereditaryPlus).
- Covers for exam can be purchased additionally (ExamPlus).
- Coverage for Routine and Wellness Care can be purchased additionally (Defender/DefenderPlus).
- $3-$4 transaction fee (depending on state), highest in the pet insurance space.