- Payout limits are based on each condition so it can be tricky to figure out exactly how much you'll be covered for.
- Nationwide won't take dogs under a year for their best program, not recommended for puppies.
- Accidents and illnesses.
- Surgeries and hospitalization.
- Chronic conditions.
- Wellness exams and tests (if Wellness Plan is purchased).
- Flea/heartworm prevention.
- Pre-existing conditions.
- Hereditary disorders.
- Congenital anomalies or developmental disorders.
- Wellness, routine and preventive care (unless a Wellness Plan is purchased)
- Cruciate ligament injuries within first 12 months of coverage.
- Additional excluded conditions identified on the declarations page or renewal certificate of your policy.
Other things to know...
- Claims processing time: up 30 days
- No age restrictions or maximum benefit.
- Offer 3 different plan types: whole pet with wellness (Best), major medical, pet wellness. (Please note, the plan we show is whole pet with wellness).
- 12-month waiting period for CCL (ACL) surgery for Major Medical plan.
- 14-day waiting period for Whole Pet with Wellness and Major Medical plans.
- 24-hour waiting period for Pet Wellness plan.
- Track claims in real-time online, and submit them through your smartphone.
- Does not cover your pet if they travel outside the U.S. with you.